More accurate search results
Using Improved Search for Jira to get more accurate search results is incredibly easy. Simply search using the search bar in the top right corner of your screen the way you would normally search.
The Example Issue
In this example issue we've added some varying content in different fields. These fields contain unique words which we'll try to search for using the new and old search boxes.
Default Jira search
In this example we'll be trying to search for the example issue I created with specific words in different fields.
- We enter the query "instance accuracy search different"
- As you can see from the screenshot below the original search method finds no results!
Using the new search method
The new search method takes every keyword adds a wildcard to every keyword and search for them individually. This gives bit of flexibility to mistakes and allows Jira to search for the keywords in different fields.
- Enter your query
- Get more accurate search results!
Improved Search for Jira comes with a built in wildcard function. With wildcards you can search for parts of a keyword by adding a '*' to your keyword. For example you could use "*plan" to not only get results for the word "plane" or "plan" but to also get results for the word "explanation" or "preplan".
Using wildcard search.
- Enter your query in the search bar and add "*" to the front of the keyword(s) you want to use a wildcard search on.
- A wildcard search will be preformed and the results will be shown.